October 30, 2011

Make This: Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Bread

I have a work halloween party tomorrow for which I made these delectable mini pumpkin pecan cupcakes. Since I've been learning how to cook, I went a little crazy at Williams-Sonoma a couple of weeks ago and in the midst of my shopping spree, picked up this amazing bread mix. I don't actually love baking, mostly because I'd much rather eat something savory, but these muffin/cupcakes/bread bites are too good not to try. They're. So. Good. 

The mini cupcake trays are perfect for these since I topped them with a very sweet (homemade!) cream cheese frosting. I actually prefer them without the frosting, so I'll be sure to make this as a bread next time for a warm fall breakfast, or as a treat after Thanksgiving dinner. Recipe below, and buy the mix here



        

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Line cupcake well with papers
In a large bowl, combine mix, 8 tbs (1 stick) melted unsalted butter, 1 cup of water and 2 eggs
Mix until smooth
Divide batter among cupcake sheets and baked for about 20-25 minutes
Let cool for about 30 minutes before frosting

Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a large bowl, beat together 3 tbs unsalted butter and 8 oz of cream cheese, both at room temperature
Then beat in 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

*images by peek of perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment