January 24, 2011

J.Crew on the Beach

If I had to name one place in L.A. I love more than any other, it would be Brentwood Country Mart. A barn house turned intimate shopping center, BCM reminds me of the shops on Main Street in Westport, Connecticut that I frequent when I'm home back east. It's on the other end of the spectrum of the awful strip malls that populate Lincoln Boulevard, and I love them for it.

Before I moved to L.A., I didn't know where to start in terms of finding an apartment. So what better way to find a great location in an unknown city other than calling your favorite store (Calypso, located in BCM) and asking about the area they're in? I now live around the corner and couldn't be happier.

It seems country marts are common here, and there's another one up the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. Only a 30 minute drive north, Malibu's version has a higher end J.Crew shop at the Malibu Lumber Yard I'm dying to check out. This location is one of the two shops in the U.S. that sell these limited edition SURevolution mochila bags. Perfect for beachy L.A. days.


*images via j.crew

No comments:

Post a Comment