January 23, 2011

Home in L.A.

I love traditional white rooms. I've said it before, but I think they are the perfect template for creating a space that's never tiring. Splashes of colorful modern wall art, deep burgundy Moroccan rugs and neutral/earth-inspired accents are all interchangeable layers in my idea of a well-designed room (similar to what's shown below).

It's a work in progress, but my apartment is slowly progressing into a relaxing white space filled with my favorite colorful found objects, books and collectibles (someone recently told me my apartment is like 'a well designed hug'!). Ever since I was little I was constantly rearranging my bedroom furniture and reorganizing everything in it. It was one of my favorite things to do. I now have my own space that is an ever-changing reflection of everything I love, and for some reason this weekend was the first time I felt that L.A. is home.









*images via digs digs

No comments:

Post a Comment