September 28, 2011

St. George Spirits

Gin. It's one of those things I just don't get along with. Along with tequila.. and now that I think about it, most other dark liquors. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean I don't dabble from time to time. Especially when the packaging is so great, I have no problem displaying pretty bottles of poisons I don't drink on my bar cart even if only consumed by guests. 

Just east of San Francisco is the Alameda, California-based distillery, St. George Spirits. Last month, they introduced three new gins to their roster. Terroir (shown below) was inspired by the California coast and contains notes of Douglas Fir, California Bay Laurel and California Sage; Botanivore is a mixture of 19 different botanicals described as herbacious and bright, and Dry Rye has twice as much juniper as the other two. Sounds like I need to invite some people over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment