February 28, 2011

Ursus Books and Prints - A Manhattan Landmark


After twenty-three years in the Carlyle Hotel on the Upper East Side, Ursus Books has moved to a new location on Madison Avenue.

Established in 1972, the comprehensive selection of fine antique decorative prints, art reference books and superb copies of rare books in all fields attracts readers, writers and shoppers around the world. Located nine blocks from MOMA, Ursus’ new location occupies the third floor of the a landmark building, originally built to house Fortnum and Mason in New York.

Just walking into this store is inspiring. I'll always remember my first visit when I lived just around the corner. I picked up my signed copy of Irving Penn's 'Passage'- it's still my favorite coffee table book on view in my apartment!

Just for Peek of Perfection readers, Ursus Books is offering a 10% discount on all items. Just call the shop and mention you read it here!

Ursus Books and Prints
699 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
212.772.8787

No comments:

Post a Comment