January 11, 2011

The King and Queen of Spades

The Selby recently posted images of Kate and Andy Spade's home in Manhattan- and it's perfection. Not surprisingly, they have every detail down. Here's what to love:
* the herringbone wood floors
* the black gloss rotary phone
* black + white abstract art contrasted with..
* punches of primary colors in the walls and chairs
* the white subway tiles in the kitchen
* coffee table books galore

It's a great mix of preppy/chic. If I wasn't in a rental I'd paint my doors black lacquer like that! Bonus: watch this video on Spade and Sperduti here- creators of the J.Crew Liquor Store concept. I'm so luckily to have met and worked with them while I was working on the Rolex brand in New York!











*images via the selby

No comments:

Post a Comment