June 10, 2010

The Selby






I absolutely love when photographer Todd Selby posts new interiors on his site. The newest addition to his collection includes Lindsay and Fitzhugh- jewelry and furniture designers, respectively- based in Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York.

Perhaps I'm biased, but I feel that the look of a clean, blank slate embellished with neutral accents is the way to go. To me, a completely relaxing environment that can be mixed and matched with found objects from anywhere and everywhere allows for a fluid, transient space that is never tiring.

As a previous Brooklynite myself, I lived in the neighbouring area of Cobble Hill and am quite familiar with the beautiful brownstones that quietly decorate the streets. One of my favourite aspects of his site is the handwritten interviews that bring the photographer and his subjects alike to life. In this posting, the couple mentions Frankies 457 on Court Street as one of their regular spots- it was one of my faves, too! Explore more images and read the interview here.

*all images via the selby

No comments:

Post a Comment