May 19, 2010

Woman of Style

"This is probably around 1962 for Glamour magazine. Modeling was great. I met all these great photographers and it paid my way through Barnard College. At the same time as all of this I was in college. We did it all. Women today seem to have a harder time trying to do all of that at once. And we still cooked."

"That's a modeling picture from 1960. It's a cute little dress that's perfect for today- a great beach dress. I love the hat. I love the sunglasses. I love the white banded watch."

"This is 1961. It's a long white ribbed wool sweater dress. I think it sort of turned yellow-y. I had it for quite some time. Some of the hair is mine, but in those days, we also wore those falls."

"That's on a real sail boat in Long Island Sound in the early 60's. I love the shirt. And it has a beautiful scarf pattern on the back. I love the headband."

"That's from Ms. magazine around 1965. That's what I would have worn to work on Wall Street at the time. It's a really cute trench coat. They never went out of style. The short little gloves I just love. The square Rolex watch I still cherish."

Tory Burch blogs about Martha Stewart's modeling career before her homemaking days. Read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment