March 19, 2010

More is More








Decorating on a budget and making the most of small spaces is what most of us New Yorkers have to do. 25-year old Zach Motl of Robert Couturier & Associates, may just be the king of bringing these two things together. As a former intern at Miles Redd, Motl currently rents the above 178 square-foot studio for a mear $944/month in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn (next to where I used to live in Cobble Hill!). Over the past three years, he has cashed in on the small space he calls his own, making each and every square foot count.

What I love about this room:
*Light grey wall paint with white crown molding
*That green and white couch!
*Stacked bookshelves above the bed
*Black lacquer door
*Black wood floors
*Navy blue and white bathroom (and that white Orchid)
*The old-school map (reminds me of one I bought of South America on the street in the West Village a couple of summer's ago)
*How it's reminiscent of Maximilian Sinsteden’s dorm room (see my past post
here)

Read the full article here.

2 comments:

  1. What I love about this apartment?
    The $944/month rent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cut out kitchen nook with the green painted back wall is killer. I love architectural structures that become a graphic element to a space.

    ReplyDelete